Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

Recently my wife received an admonishment to which she wrote

Customer Question

Recently my wife received an admonishment to which she wrote a rebuttal. In the rebuttal she mentioned a specific co-worker. The admonishment and rebuttal was given by her boss to the individual mentioned in her rebuttal to hand carry to HR.
Later it became known to my wife that this person made copies of her rebuttal and was handing them out to other employees in an attempt to discredit her.
Since my wife expected a modicum of privacy in answering the admonishment, and since her boss gave the case to the very individual mentioned and she made copies and passed them out, does she have any possibility of relief from the law with regards ***** ***** Privacy Act? We count four flagrant violations of her privacy in this matter.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

The company violated her privacy and likely its own internal practices and rules. It needed to secure confidentiality and endure non disclosure. She may pursue an internal complaint and grievance with the company directly or through counsel seeking to reach agreement, but otherwise may also consider legal action for each violation.