hrpro37, Sr. Director, Human Resources
Experience:  10+ years of experience in human resources roles with a specialization in employment law

My employer has been with holding opportunities and denying

Customer Question

My employer has been with holding opportunities and denying my advancement because I am aware of his personal affairs with several women in my office. I have never bad-mouthed or gossiped about him, but he thinks that I have. He recently admitted to a colleague that he had indeed been acting against me because of this, even though I confronted him over 6 months ago that I thought this was happening and he denied it. My reputation is tarnished because he has turned all of the partners against me. do I have any recourse?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  hrpro37 replied 4 months ago.
Good Evening, Thanks for using JustAnswer. You can in fact file a claim with the equal employment opportunity commission if you feel that you are being retaliated against or being subject to a hostile work environment. Filing a claim is free (and confidential), here is additional information about how to file : free to ask follow up questions if needed and please don't forget to rate me! Thank you, Amber