Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am a charging party the EEOC settled our case and stated

Customer Question

I am a charging party the EEOC settled our case and stated to us that we was going to get the majority of the settlement and the class would be lucky to get 250.00and also there is a bonus for us BC the class had to Qualify for there settlement we ask them for paper work of our settlement and to this date has not given us anything! And in mediation we never signed a settlement agreement either! But last week we were told to come in and sign for our settlement and to our surprise it was the same money the company was willing to pay us! And the EEOC assured us from the million' 42'000 we were going to get the majority! But between the 3 of us they wanted us to sign for 60.000 and the attorney who represented us stated to us she did not care if we signed or not because the company paid her a 140.000 plus! Do we still have to sign for something we did not agree on settling for because the EEOC stated we was getting a substantial amount of money and it is not what that attorney is holding on her desk! We really feel like the EEOC and our attorney mislead us to accommodate that company
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  hrpro37 replied 6 months ago.
Good Evening, Thanks for choosing JustAnswer. Can you provide a bit more information on your question? I am not 100% sure of the background. Are you stating that you filed an EEOC claim against the company and did mediation and now the settlement is lower than you thought it was going to be? Thanks, Amber