hrpro37, Sr. Director, Human Resources
Experience:  10+ years of experience in human resources roles with a specialization in employment law

I was put on paid administrative leave April 1, 2016 and

Customer Question

I was put on paid administrative leave April 1, 2016 and still am on it. I work for a native american tribe in Nevada. I was only told that I was on leave and there were allegations being investigated. What are my legal options? As an employee I feel my legal rights were taken from me, do I have a case? The Tribe hired an attorney to do the investigation and it was completed weeks ago and I have no idea the outcome.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  hrpro37 replied 5 months ago.
Good Evening, Thanks for using JustAnswer. Do you feel that you were placed on leave due to discriminatory reasons (due to age, sex, race, etc...)? If so, you may have a legal case but if your employer is performing an investigation due to an actual complaint, that is something within their rights. Feel free to ask follow up questions if needed and please don't forget to rate me. Thank you, Amber