Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I feel I'm being singled out at work by my supervisor JA:

Customer Question

I feel I'm being singled out at work by my supervisor
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I put in for a new position at my current company that I have been at for 18yrs. I was told I could not leave my department to take a break or to talk to my husband in another department but on the 3 other shifts the other married lady takes breaks with her husband in another department and the night shift crew leave the department for breaks all night. Instead of pulling me to the side to tell me one on one he made the comment in front of all the other employees that I need to tell him or ask for permission to leave the area.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: This is not the first time I have had trouble. I had another supervisor wait for me to come out of the ladies room and tell I couldn't go unless I had 2 other people on my line. He had not or has never done this anyone else. I've been told I look like a deer in headlights while performing my job duties
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 4 months ago.
Why do you believe you are being singled out? Is it because of your race, religion, gender, disability age, sexual orientation?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.