Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I'm a 66 yr old female, employed full time at a day care. I

Customer Question

I'm a 66 yr old female, employed full time at a day care. I recently broke my arm at home, which limits me to what I can so at work. Also, I my be out for 3-4 wks, I don't know. Can my employer fire me because of my restrictions?
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, just checking
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: No, I have not been threatened. But with ND right to work laws, I'm don't feel secure.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. I am sorry to hear about your accident. Can you please tell me whether your employer has more than 50 employees within a 75 mile radius of where you work? Also, how long have you been employed? Finally, can you confirm for me that you are located in North Dakota? I believe that is what you indicated above, I just want to make sure. I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.