Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I'm a School Bus Driver. I was rear ended during my morning

Customer Question

I'm a School Bus Driver. I was rear ended during my morning shift last year. I went for my break (split shift) and took some aspirin and a short nap. I finished my afternoon shift, but I was feeling sore. I thought to stop by an urgent care clinic on the way home. The Doc gave me muscle relaxers and also a note to take a couple days off. I filled out all the necessary paperwork for an 'on the job injury'.
A few months went by and I received a bill from the clinic. I took the bill to my Safety Supervisor and he said, "It will be taken care of." Every month I would receive the same bill. I would get the same answer from my Supervisors.
The bill has now gone to Collection. This will affect my credit. What can I do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 5 months ago.
If you do get this put on your credit you may be able to get punitive damages. You need to contact a worker's compensation attorney who can send a letter. If they refuse to comply then you may have to file a lawsuit against your employer. I would think they will probably pay off your bill rather than engage in an expensive and lengthy lawsuit.