Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law

How long should your attorney allow other side to finalize

Customer Question

How long should your attorney allow other side to finalize draft of settlement agreement? do you know if employers insuance company can payout, with only two of four signatures on it? Can school do a payout without ratification from school board? My attorney is claiming the district I used to work for only needs one signature and than insurance company will payout in 2 days, even though the board does not meet for another week and a half. Seems hard to believe, thoughts?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. It depends here on what signature authority the superintendent or hr person has.It is possible they have such authority to resolve and approve up to a certain amount here without board approval.It is certainly possible in that case to get this done quickly and resolved in your favor.Also the insurance again would also approve it as well.Your lawyer should be in the best position here to tell you this will be resolved quickly and I think it will be based on what you present.It is pretty standard they want these settlements done and over with pretty quickly so everybody can move on. I wish you the best here, I appreciate the chance to help .I hope you were able to get a recovery for all your harm in this situation and all you have been through.