Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I work non profit organization, and I would organize senior

Customer Question

I work for a non profit organization, and I would organize senior events, teacher exercise classes and did off site program seniors for the city. At the non-profit organization, I experienced much harassment such as my desk put in the storage room without notice, put on probation for buy things for the programs when the facility always told me no money in the budget, but keeping receipts for over six months and constantly presenting them---opened a can of worms to start more mistreatment. The seniors sent a letter to President of the organization, about the treatment and about my probation, and it was sent to HR and I got in trouble since they did not want seniors to know about it and grounds for termination. As of today, I was taken off of Wellness and caused me to lose 15 hours a week and indicated that I would only be a GX instructor /personal training which will cause a drop in my salary of 900 monthly. Do I have any legal recourse? There is more infor but this is just a portion of it. Thanks,
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation.Are you being treated less favorably than other similarly situated employees due to your age, disability, gender, or other protected classification? Has the company made negative remarks about your age (if over 40), disability, gender or other class? Tina