Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I am a male and have been sexually harassed by my General

Customer Question

I am a male and have been sexually harassed by my General Manager who is always a male. He was slapped me on the butt, asked me about the size of my penis, attempted to zip up my zipper for me when it was down, and prior to his employment he offered me money for sexual videos of me. I felt pressured at my job and extremely uncomfortable. I could not take it anymore and I quit. My question is, what should my next step be?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel. I am sorry to hear you have been harassed in this manner. You can consider filing an EEOC complaint for same sex sexual harassment, which is protected under Title VII. Here is the link to consider such a complaint. If the EEOC finds there is sexual harassment, they can take your case for you, try a mediation or issue you a Notice of Right to Sue at which time you would want to consider consultation with a local attorney.In the meantime, you also can file for unemployment benefits, citing the sexual harassment as a reason for you voluntarily leaving the job.
Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.