Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

After giving my resignation notice(as a GM), I was

Customer Question

After giving my resignation notice(as a GM), I was humiliated by a corporate staff member when I went to return my keys and say good buy to the team members I worked with for the last six months. He literally kicked me out and told me I was not welcome in the restaurant, and that he was going to call security to force me out of the establishment.
I could not believe his behavior as the staff that saw the incident.
I was totally humiliated , I went out side the restaurant area and he came after me threatening me the whole time.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. I am very sorry to hear about this. What is your question precisely? Are you asking if you have any legal claims against your employer based on the conduct you have described? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I feel I have a legal claim against my ex employer
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What do you feel?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you going to answer me?
Thank you. While the behavior you describe is highly unprofessional and uncalled for, it would not appear to violate any law. The restaurant is private property and your employer can force anyone to leave that is pleases. You have no legally protected right to be there or to not be asked to leave. The fact that you were asked to leave in a humiliating way would not change this, as the law does not make it illegal to ask someone to leave in humiliating fashion. This is highly unfortunate and again quite unprofessional on the part of your employer, but it's not illegal to be unprofessional. So again, I'm very sorry to say that there would not appear to be anything actionable here. I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
It takes a few minutes to type answers. I thank you for your patience.
Did you receive my answer to your question?