Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

I just realized I made an Edd claim incorrect week and

Customer Question

I just realized I made an Edd claim for an incorrect week and received payment for it....I accidentally got the wrong two consecutive can I correct this and will I be disqualified anyway
JA: OK. The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No just found this site online
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No...just that I filed for a two week claim ensuing April 9 and it should have been the two week period ending April 16....I just wasn't paying attention to the dates like an idiot
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. Generally the best way to handle these situations is to preemptively mail a check to the EDD for the amount of the overpayment, following the mailing instructions contained here. The check should typically include a cover letter explaining that you mistakenly claimed benefits for the wrong week and are self-correcting the mistake preemptively and without having received any formal overpayment notice from the EDD. The check should also have the words "Return of UI overpayment for week(s) _________" Since you are voluntarily repaying and have not yet been notified of an overpayment, it should be clear that there was no fraudulent intent and this will be the end of the issue. I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.* Disclaimer *Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.
Hello again,I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get paid for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.Very best wishes.