Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I had one union employee working in a non union shop as part

Customer Question

I had one union employee working for me in a non union shop as part of a buy out aggrement the union now says it is entiled to see all my employees wages and is sueing me to do so.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am now getting sued in federal court for not providing non union employee informaion to the union. I only had one union member and he was only employed as part of an aggrement i had when i purchased his company. Are they intilled to this information and how do i defend myself?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hi again. What does the buy out agreement state with regard to this issue? Anything?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That was the status was they had 3 other employees all non union. His employment was to remain in union and pay his wages and benefit. all other employees were never part of union. this employee retired and we are no longer paying union dues. Is it possible that i would have to pay union benefits to non union employees as part of some collective bargaining agreement? Even thow they never were in the union?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hi again. I'm really sorry, but I don't think that I'll be able to provide you with a useful answer. I will open your question for other attorneys to review. Thank you for using our service.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.
different expert here. do you still need an answer? if so, what can I answer as this point?