Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

My brother is handicap and works full time. We have written

Customer Question

My brother is handicap and works full time. We have written documentation with his HR department proving retaliation, violations of ADA and OSHA violations. His company has asked that we allow the Direction of HR and the general manager to fly to FT Worth and meet with us to make all reasonable accommodations necessary for my brother to be successful. He is wanting to quit out of fear of retaliation. He has worked for the company 5 yrs. reasonable accommodations were refused. If he refuses the meeting and gives notice could he still pursue legal action? He was injured on the job and is still going to work every day on restrictions. It's a mess.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.
He can still pursue legal action. He has been discriminated against and retaliated. That said, a court may not appreciate refusal to meet, so instead of refusing I suggest postponing the meeting and then attending with a lawyer so he is appearing prepared and protected!
Kindly rate me positively.