Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

We hired someone from a website cal l ed care.com to help

Customer Question

We hired someone from a website cal l ed care.com to help with cleaning and errands.She took me to an appt at the vets for my cat.She left t h e seating area in the lobby .I did not see where she went.When she returned she sat down and later went into appt with me and said nothing about any problem.When we were leaving to go home she said she had gone outside while I was in waiting area and had tripped over concrete barrier in parking lot and hurt her arm.She just texted us and said she just got back from urgent care and was told she tore a muscle.We have no proof she even fell, although she said someone from an office came out to see how she was.Are we responsible for workers comp or otherwise have any legal responsibility for this supposed injury since she said she fell while at the vets where she drove us for th he appt?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.
If the injury did actually occur on that trip woth you then yes. She should have some sort of proof in order for you to pay it. Arizona law does not require you to carry workers compensation for insurance for a care provider or nanny.