Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

I got arrested and was unable to come to work; however I

Customer Question

i got arrested and was unable to come to work; however I called my boss to let him know I would not be available for a few days. I call back and they fire me for abandonment.
What can I do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. What you can do is contact your employer and explain the situation - and essentially beg for mercy. Obviously they don't *have* to give you your job back - but they may, and the only way to accomplish that is to ask. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so.