Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I live in Wisconsin and self disclosed about be convicted of

Customer Question

Hi, I live in Wisconsin and self disclosed about be convicted of a misdemeanor after a car accident. I was convicted of intentional use of a hazardous material. I just received a letter from the BON and was told that I need to summit more information, cause I am under investigation. What does this mean?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What that means is that they are reviewing whether or not the use of the hazardous material would impair your ability to perform your duties as a nurse. So they are investigating the charge against you to determine the facts and whether or not those facts would make you unfit to perform your duties as a nurse. So you need to present evidence that the case had nothing to do with your nursing duties and is not something that would impair your ability to perform your duties.