LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  30 years legal experience and I keep current in Employment Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I just had a hearing on unemployment on the phone before an

Customer Question

I just had a hearing on unemployment on the phone before an administrative Judge. To be honest the Judge sounded like she was on Drugs. I was asked questions and could not answer them just yes or no and would not allow me to give my side or ask any questions. She cut me off and said the hearing was now at the final stage where we could give a summary. The school was allowed to give a summary but she did not allow me too. She closed the hearing I tried to talk but she ignored me.
I HR person at the hearing didnt even tell the truth when I tried to explain, the judge didnt ackowledge it but just made her closing statements.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon Henry,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I wish I could tell you that there was something that you could do about the bad attitude that the ALJ apparently had, but at this level, you have no control---other than to further appeal if you are denied benefits in this ALJ's ruling. If you are interested, you may file a formal complaint against the ALJ as follows: Persons wishing to file a complaint may use the motion form by selecting the Director as recipient. They may also fax the complaint to(###) ###-#### ***** c/o***@******.*** or send the complaint by mail to the following address: Office of Administrative Hearings1400 W. Washington, Suite 101Phoenix, Arizona 85007http://www.azoah.com/ALJComplaint.html Now that the ALJ has heard the case, the ALJ will issue a written decision, stating whether you should receive benefits. If your benefits are granted you need do nothing more. If the ALJ rules against you, then you may request another appeal with the Appeals Board. You will have 30 days from the mailing date of the ALJ’s decision to file this new appeal. Finally, if you are not successful in the next appeal, then you may file a lawsuit in the AZ Court of Appeals seeking your unemployment benefits. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug