Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I need to write a letter to Human resources requesting compensation

Customer Question

I need to write a letter to Human resources requesting compensation for my previous job. I work for the government and I changed departments about 7 months ago. However, for the last year in my previous department I was working under a new position but I was never paid for it. I was told I need to submit a letter explaining the situation and requesting compensation either thru an out of class or a reclassification which I was going thru the process but somehow it never happened and when I got a better offer I just left and decided to request it later which is now. Hoping someone can assist me. Thank you. Maydel
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if I have to send you the information (documents) I have so you can understand the history and therefore write the letter?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
While we can assist you in writing the letter, we cannot actually write it for you, as that is considered representation by state law and the state law forbids anyone on this site from representing any customer from the site. Thank you for understanding.
What we can do is review your letter and make suggested corrections for you if you like. So if you would like to send us a draft we can review that for you and make the suggestions to you for any corrections.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I rather have the premium service......Let me know if we can arrange? Also what happens to the charge request here? Do I just pay the $5?
Thank you for your reply.
No, if you want the premium service you would have to follow the instructions on the email offer sent to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I read the offer but I am a bit confused. Can you please clarify the questions below?
1. Will you be able to write the letter for the $120 if I send you files that will give you the info. you need?
2. Is the charge before or after the service (letter) is rendered?Thanks....
Thank you for your reply/
Charges are before any service is rendered and for premium service is non-refundable.
Once you accept the offer we will review your information through email and assist in putting together what you are seeking, but we will NOT be representing you in any legal matter and only make suggestions for informational and educational purposes for you to consider and think about, but we have no control over whether or not you will use them. Thank you for understanding that this is in no way legal representation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I totally understand that I will not be represented but I want to make sure the letter is done by you??? With the appropriate backup.
Thank you for your reply.
I will make suggestions for your letter for educational purposes only, please understand what I am telling you.