Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Former judicial law clerk, lawyer
26798026

In Louisiana is riding in a company vehicle to or from a

Customer Question

In Louisiana is riding in a company vehicle to or from a site do the company have to pay the employee
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. Federal law requires employers to pay employees:Traveling between jobs after the workday starts.From any site where they're required to clock in or pick up equipment or any other reason before traveling to the first job.Returning to any site where they are required to clock out, return equipment, or return for any reason before driving home.If you're allowed to drive from home to the first job and from the last job home, you don't get paid for that. But you get paid for everything else. You can file a Complaint with the U.S. Department of Labor if they're not paying you. Louisiana employers are required to adhere to federal law.http://www.workplacefairness.org/wage-hour-claim-LA If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.
Did you need any more help with this?