TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I just got terminated from my job in hawaii and i looked at

Customer Question

I just got terminated from my job in hawaii and i looked at my check. it states that i was paid at an $14 rate (which is my normal) for 56 hours, But no overtime pay. Is this normal or am i due overtime?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. The answer to your question depends on the period of time in which you worked 56 hours. Was that for one week, or two weeks (or something else)? If the 56 hours was for one week, then you are owed overtime. If the 56 hours was for two weeks, then you would not be entitled to overtime. The bot***** *****ne is that you are only entitled to overtime for any hours worked past 40 hours in a one week period. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.