Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I have an intermittent fmla approved leave. I am allowed to

Customer Question

I have an intermittent fmla approved leave. I am allowed to miss 16 days per month, I was recently put on notice by my employer that I needed to "fight for my position" because intermittent time off. I was also required to seek a second opinion, at which point the employer requested physician validated my health condition and my employer accepted the allotted time. Since this conversation 4 months ago I have only missed 7 days the last of which was 3 weeks ago. Today I was informed because of this time missed that I am being forced against my will to transfer to Tacoma. In original meeting with employer I informed him that this would be extremely difficult on my health condition due to the refineries that cause me additional more serious breathing problems. I have been at current location for 7 years and have complete seniority, at new location I will no longer have seniority and will receive $1.50 less an hour.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. I am very sorry to hear about this situation. What is your question exactly? Are you asking whether you have any legal remedies? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.
Hi, Were you still looking for assistance with this? I sent a response above requesting additional information, but I'm not sure if you got it. Please let me know....