Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  In-House Counsel & Litigator
12711280

Do I have an EEOC case if I was hired as a temp employee with

Customer Question

Do I have an EEOC case if I was hired as a temp employee with a Government agency and they hired a person in same temp position? They never advertised to the other employees in exact position and we have veteran preference.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 6 months ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of employment law experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today. You may have a case here if you have evidence that shows this person was hired as a result of their race, gender or age...or that you were not hired specifically based on your race, gender, age or disability. If you cannot show that the hiring was based on those factors, then you will have an uphill battle. That said, all you really need to be able to show is that the person was a different race, gender or age from you to establish a base level case. The burden will then shift to the employer to explain why their decision was non-discriminatory. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE STARS). Best wishes going forward!