Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I need to check my rights as an employee with a lawyer specially

Customer Question

I need to check my rights as an employee with a lawyer specially I think the behavior of my last employer will effect my professional life as a professional engineer severely .
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. So I can better assist you, can you explain the situation more please? What happened? What do you mean by checking the rights as an employee?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Robert,
Before I start I have to mention that the following information is strictly confidential between me Ali Qobadian- Kalhor and you.
I’m professional engineer from Canada, I got hired by a manufacturing company here in California last April, this April my employer even issued a letter for renewal letter for 3 years extension on my work visa, I can easily prove that during a year working in that company my performance was remarkable , considering the volume of projects I handled alone, and also given the abuse and toxic environment I was working in , at the end of April 2016 my employer terminated my employment with that company , even giving me a reference letter .During last few weeks before I leave, they started to changing specifications and requirements on projects constantly inducing, picking up on me on nonsense irrelevant points, putting up pressure on me, that type of mouse and cat type of game. I think the context was the closure of a near by company with three engineers available there, so I got terminated while they hired three. My supervisor and the owner even wrote and signed a positive reference letter the same time, but his reckless action will permanently damage my career.
The role of operation manager in that company was pivotal because I knew the owner was happy with my job but the faster pace of my work and efficiency wasn’t very appreciated by him because he was anxious about his position and numerous mistakes he did in fabrication that caused the company thousands of dollars, so, he orchestrated a cat and mouse game and in order to convince the owner to let me go despite the size of the company he brought three engineers form the closed company.
I was doing calculation, detail design and quoting and estimation, so because non of them was not capable enough to perform all three, he hired one for each function.On their legal document they stated performance (which discriminates me of accessing to any unemployment insurance right), the office assistant was keeping a drawing with changes they asked to be done based on their taste and few typos as evidence, not stating over 100 projects done without any engineering fault from my side as far as engineering judgement counts, numerous torturous works done to satisfy mostly unrealistic and in many way not very right taste of an abusive boss.
This particular employer has a history of abusive behaviour toward employees especially engineers, which I endured too, in a matter of few years’ numerous engineers left the job there, under psychological pressure, that’s documented and there is legal proof of it.
I had changes in my last employers last few years, but case by case that could be traced that as an engineer I did my duties perfectly, I got layoff.
Consequently, this termination that has been done under discriminatory circumstances (ethnical and sexual orientation), will have huge consequences on my future career and can cause up to half million dollars’ damages in coming future to me. I have been victim of a reckless treatment by my employer and conspiracy, and also psychological abuse.
Best Regards ***** , P.Eng.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor had to leave.
I am sorry, but please read the site terms of service as they conflict with the first statement you made in your post. State law forbids anyone from this site from representing you in any manner and we appreciate you understanding that.
If the site terms are not agreeable to you, please contact customer service and they will close your question and refund your money and you would need to go visit a local attorney in person. Sorry for any confusion or misunderstanding about the services we provide.