Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

I am working in a company that I feel I am harassed in by upper

Customer Question

I am working in a company that I feel I am harassed in by upper management. 1 on 1 meetings with doors closed remarks have been made of me calling me a liar and also pressuring me by my superior. I also have medical issues and have filed for FMLA but that has to do with a physical condition nothing to do with the harassment. What are my options the person is the DIRECTOR of OPERATION . there is really not anyone else other then the CEO I could go to. Other people have had similar situations here but no one hs the courage to do what I feel needs to be done can you advise me. the State i am employed in is Massachusetts.
Thank You
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.Are you being harassed only based on your age, race, disability or national origin? I ask because under federal and MA law those are the only legal grounds for a legal claim in court or to the EEOC for a claim of harassment or discrimination. The US Supreme Court has held in Oncale v. Sundowner Offshore has stated the laws on harassment were not intended to create a code of civility in the workplace and has to be for one of the specific reasons mentioned above. So you have to prove one of those reasons to have a legal right to protection or to take action against the employer for this harassment