N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

What can I do if the attorney has not represent me. but still

Customer Question

What can I do if the attorney has not represent me. but still charging me, even thou I have fired him, and I have a new lawyer.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I need to ask which city or county this happened in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joliet,Illinois
https://www.iardc.org/htr_otherinfoprov.html#3states that you phone the Will County Bar Association,(###) ###-####ttp://willcountybar.organd ask if it has a fee arbitration program. If it does not or if you do not want to arbitrate, you could file a case against the lawyer for a refund and/or a declaratory judgment that you do not owe any more fees. You can ask your current attorney to contact the former attorney to try to resolve the without more litigation. I hope this information is helpful.