Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

Medical Malpractice question I have a daughter who was diagnosed

Customer Question

Medical Malpractice question
I have a daughter who was diagnosed with Lyme disease in 2009 and has had many complications since. The Dr. whom diagnosed her has since "left" the practice. She was recently at her pediatricians seeing a new physician, and she noticed that all of her medical records consisting of this condition were missing. I was told that the office manager would call me, but after a week and still not hearing anything I decided to call today. When I spoke with the office manager I was told that her past Dr (the one who diagnosed her) has messed with the records as well as other patients. I asked if that is why she is no longer practicing there, and she told me she could not answer that. I asked if her records could be on in the backup system or a hard copy and she said she is speaking with the lady above her to figure this out as well as reporting it to some medical safety board. Thankfully I do have all the copies of her records from that time, and the office manager asked if I could bring them to the office so they can make copies, but I am Leary about giving them copies at this time, and was wondering if this is something that I should get an attorney for before I go any further, or what our next step should be. Do u think I have a medical malpractice case?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel. Based on what you present in your scenario, I suggest you do not appear to have any cause of action. The cause of action needed is "damages/injury" being able to show how them not having your records has harmed your daughter.It's your decision to allow them copies or not. You can consider consultation with a local attorney and may be they will find or see something I do not.