Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

I sell cars, and have been a top producer large Toyota

Customer Question

I sell cars, and have been a top producer for a large Toyota dealership for just under a year and a half. Recently, a new consultant/GM was hired, and he's chosen to flood the sales floor with new salesmen, presumably to allow poor performers to weed themselves out. As a result, so many more salespeople has resulted in a tremendous decrease in my (and other salespeople's) opportunities and income. In the eyes of the employment department, should I be able to leave my job to search for a living wage job and collect unemployment benefits in the meantime?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.
You can leave job and seek benefits if your position has dramatically changed from hire, where pay dramatically dropped as this amounts to termination by employer. Practically, some employers also agree not to contest benefits.
Kindly rate me positively, thank you.