Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.

I am a hairstylist in PA and work .

Customer Question

Hi, I am a hairstylist in PA and work for commission only. Can my employer make me punch a time clock
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, this is a new occurance
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am a sixty year old hairstylist and have been doing hair for forty two years. I was never mandated having to punch a time clock. If I don't work I have no income
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: The owners, a mother and daughter bought the business two years ago, the daughter is a stylist. The salon is doing poorly and the owners are being difficult about everything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 5 months ago.
Yes, the employer can make you punch in a time clock but I see no sense in doing so because you are commission only. However, for some reason the employer is trying to keep records of when the employees are working probably for legal reasons regarding wage and hour issues. I see no issue in clocking in.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that i may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.