hrpro37, Sr. Director, Human Resources
Experience:  10+ years of experience in human resources roles with a specialization in employment law

How do I get my belongings from my locker since I have been

Customer Question

How do I get my belongings from my locker since I have been out on disability? They have moved the lockers while upgrading the break room. They do not have my locker number. OR, even if my belongings are still there since they have had multiple HR managers and new LP manager.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Kindly provide proper foundation for your question. Thank you for your cooperation,
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Proper foundation for what?
Expert:  hrpro37 replied 5 months ago.
Good Morning, Your employer is not allowed to hold on to your belongings. If you are unable to go to the work site and collect your belongings you should contact either your supervisor or HR department in order to have them collect your belongings and mail them to you (at their cost). Keep in mind, that if you have a personal lock on the locker, they may not be able to get in the locker, in that case, you may have to send a family member or friend to your worksite to get the belongings for you.