Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

After 19 years of employment with the school

Customer Question

My name is Leeza. After 19 years of employment with the school district, I left my employment last September 2013. I exercise my freedom of speech and wrote down on my resignation how I felt about my former supervisor at school. After six months of my resignation and until now I have been putting my application thru school district but I was told I was banned from applying? I felt being discriminated because of my age, race and I am now married to a woman? Can employer really banned you from applying and not getting a chance for interview with all the qualification I have?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. Do you have any specific reason to believe that you were banned from reapplying because of your sexuality? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
To be honest with you I am not so sure what is the reason I am banned. I applied several open position that I know I am qualified and I was told that I was being recommended but the director said that I am not eligible to be hired from the school district.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It has something to do with my resignation. I stated that I do not get along with my supervisor and I needed to resigned. I did not give them two weeks notice. Ever since I tried to reapply but never got a call for any interviews that I applied for
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you still here?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So do I wait every 30 minutes with the answer then?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry to hear about your situation. I think they may be conspiring to keep you from getting hired again as retaliation for your letter about the supervisor. This supervisor may be badmouthing you around. My suggestion would be to contact a local attorney to help fully evaluate all potential claims. It is hard to say if you are being discriminated against without any specific evidence.