Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I was offered a job as a pre-licensed psychiatric technician

Customer Question

I was offered a job as a pre-licensed psychiatric technician at DSH-Napa. I signed all papers required and got my background check/fingerprinting and physical/drug test. I basically got everything I needed to do done. Upon telling the hiring person that I got all this done she said that my contingent job offer has been withdrawn based on my past employment history. My question, is it possible for them to withdraw this after I completed everything I needed to be done? I've already quit my past job and I was ready to work here.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 6 months ago.
Technically yes as the job offer was "contingent." However, the employer is required to provide you with a copy of the report hat it based its adverse decision on. If it does not it could face liability exposure from you. See link for your privacy rights: https://www.privacyrights.org/employment-background-checks-california-focus-accuracy I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
I hope that helped. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.