Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I worked in a hospital weekend option years. Weekend

Customer Question

I worked in a hospital weekend option for 22 years. Weekend option plan is working 24 hours every weekend. As a benefit of this I accrued my pension as if I was working full time (40 hours a week) . The hospital froze the pension and used a formula, age, years of service and hours per week worked to see whose pension was frozen and who was grandfathered in. There are no exemption for Weekend Option, so they used my hours per week worked as 24 vs 40. My concern is I don't agree that my pension accurred as fulltime thoughout my years as Weekend option but on the other end they used 24 hours per week vs 40 to do my formula.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
what outcome are you seeking at this point?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to get my pension reinstated not frozen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what else can I do?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You can pursue a complaint first with HR. If the position is unionized, you may want to involve the union rep. You want to have detailed chronology of the time period and the amount of pension and if not available seek those records and statements from the company. If needed, you can escalate through a lawyer letter and if needed a lawsuit.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Kindly let me know if that is clear and acceptable, thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you think I have grounds for a law suit?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I would try to settle by threatening lawsuit first. I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Kindly rate me positively.