Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I have a situation at work

Customer Question

I have a situation at work where I reported to my boss that a co-worker went on vacation with a vendor we do business with. I also told our Human resources rep about it. They decided to report it to employee relations and they are conducting an investigation. When the woman called me from employee relations and asked me how I found out, I told her that I called the hotel and confirmed that they were both there. There was a long history of suspected vendor bias and I followed my suspicion. Can I get in trouble from my company or the employee for calling the hotel?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 5 months ago.
No I do not think you should be in trouble for this. You were following up on suspicion that you had and helping your company.
If you have no further questions, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated as we only get paid for positive ratings of 3 stars or more.