Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I am looking to see what recourse I may have - my boss has

Customer Question

I am looking to see what recourse I may have - my boss has informed me that I am being removed from current Management position (without title change) after 16 years with the company. She says it is not due to any performance issues. I will be working on a "special project'. The org chart was sent out on Monday (last week) to executives. I was notified by other management members on Tuesday (last week). My boss called me late Tuesday to explain that yes, I would no longer be working in my current role. I would be given an opportunity to document all of department's roles and responsibility including how to do my job. After three months, I might be placed in another manager position in the company or whatever role I want.
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. Just verifying my rights or if I should just terminate my employment
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: I received highly successful performance ratings for 16 years - I am kind of at a loss why they would notify all departments and not tell me until it was released. It sounds like I may be terminated.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information, however, I am unclear on what your question is. Are you asking if your employer has the right to make these changes? Also, I will need to know what State you work in, whether you are in a union or have a term contract, and what you think might be motivating this change.