Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Can an employer in the State of Kansas fire and employee because

Customer Question

Can an employer in the State of Kansas fire and employee because of a Medical Illness while receiving treatment for that illness?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of the situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Does the employee meet all of the below requirements---all 3 of them ?:A. Employer has 50 or more employees, andB. Employee has worked longer than 1 year for the employer, andC. Employee worked at least 1250 hours in the past 12 months---before going out on medical leave for the employer?2. What is the mature of the medical illness?3. How long has the employee been out of work for this illness? Doug