Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I went on vacation with my friend who is also a vendor that

Customer Question

I went on vacation with my friend who is also a vendor that we do business with. Someone reported to Human Resources that I was on vacation with this vendor and there is an investigation under way. We do a lot of sales with this vendor and the person who reported me apparently called the hotel to confirm we were both there and is claiming vendor bias. I have two questions - can the employee who called the hotel get in trouble for invasion of my privacy? Could my company call the hotel and ask if I stayed there if there is an investigation underway?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Did you question the hotel management as to why your private information was given to a third party without your authorization?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If I may ask you a different question, can it be a policy violation for me to go on vacation with a vendor that I do business with?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you please answer my last question?
Thank you for your follow up.Does your company have a policy which prohibits employees from having some type of personal relationship with vendors?What is the nature of the relationship that you have with this vendor?