Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law

I've been claiming unemployment and a half months in

Customer Question

I've been claiming unemployment for two and a half months in the state of NJ.
I've just been hired by USPS (united states postal service) and completed my first week of paid training. My question is, i won't be receiving a pay check till the 20 of this month.
Can i file a claim for this week? as i won't be getting paid till the 20th
thank you for any guidance you can give me.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You would need to report the job.You will report zero wages and when you get a check report those.You have to report it here , you don't want over payments and fraud issues here.
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.
Reference f you return to full-time work during the weeks you are claiming, you must notify the agency when you claim the weeks using the telephone or the Internet. When you notify the agency by using either method, you will be instructed to answer questions regarding your return to full-time work such as: The specific date you returned to full-time workThe gross wages you earnedThe amount of whole hours you workedIf you choose to use the Internet to notify the agency of your return to full-time work, you will also need to provide the employer's name, address and phone number. Here you have to report it now even if you don't get paid for a few days here.They can claim fraud and over payment if you do not do so and you don't want that problem.You may get a check here anyway for the last period since you have no wages. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.