Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law

I am female over 40 with excellent performance record since

Customer Question

I am female over 40 with excellent performance record since my employment with said company for the past 8 years. I was recently told by the owner that he wanted me to take a different position (demotion). He also told me he wanted "to take care of me" since I have been with the company for 8 years and had made significant contributions.
I am quite confident that my position will be filled by younger male and at higher salary.
I stepped down from my position, took another one. At HR insistence, my salary remains the same. I will lose bonus earnings.
Should I pursue legal action.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you tonight. I would consider filing an EEOC complaint.You would claim discrimination here on your sex and age.EEOC investigates and may issue a right to sue letter.You may also want to use lawyer to file EEOC suit for damages. File here f you believe that you have been discriminated against at work because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, youcan file a Charge of Discrimination. All of the laws enforced by EEOC, except for the Equal Pay Act, require you to file a Charge of Discrimination with us before you can file a job discrimination lawsuit against your employer. In addition, an individual, organization, or agency may file a charge on behalf of another person in order to protect theaggrieved person's identity. There are time limits for filing a charge. Employment lawyer for you here. Tennessee Nashville Bar Association LRSNashville, TN Phone:(###) ###-####ounties Served: Davidson, Sumner, Rutherford, Robertson, Williamson, Cheatham, WilsonMeets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral Knoxville Bar Association LRISKnoxville, TN Phone:(###) ###-####ounties Served: Knox, Knoxville, Anderson, Blount, Sevier This certainly appears they have singled you out here for demotion based on sex and age.I hope you will pursue this through EEOC and the courts.I am so sorry that they did this to you.
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.
I appreciate the chance to help you.If you can positive rate it is always much appreciate.