Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work as a Transportation Security Officer. I have

Customer Question

I work for TSA as a Transportation Security Officer. I have failed the IMA tests do to over threating. The test is a x-ray example test. In the real world on the X-ray I score in the nineties, which is great and is passing. I am a new hire coach and mentor. I am an excellent employee and I am rated as a 5 Star employee, the highest rating. I know what I am doing. The test goes against how we are trained. The way we are trained, if we see a threat in the x-ray we are to have it looked at and cleared. Now I am going to loose my job due to failing this test. I scored 82, 95, and 97 on finding the threats but have over threated by one each time. Do I have any recourse, am I able to save my job? Is it better to wait and get fired or better to resign. I want to keep my position.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You should not resign as this will prevent your getting benefits and termination may not happen. I would speak to your supervisor and HR department within TSA and seek to have the test put in perspective in light of your experience and knowledge. If needed, offer to retest.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Kindly let me know if that is clear and acceptable.