Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

How do you prove that you were forced to resign due to a hostile

Customer Question

How do you prove that you were forced to resign due to a hostile work environment?
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I was bullied by a person at my job. To the point of her screaming at me and pointing her finger. I cried after work because of her bullying and my boss supported her. I eventually left but I was forced out of a very good job that I had worked at for 19 years. I was an excellent manager and this woman came in and tried to turn everyone against me. Since I left most of the staff have resigned. I am convinced now that it was not me. It was a hostile work environment. I was the buffer for the rest of the staff.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: I resigned with notice. But since I left they have allowed one person to work her notice. Fired one person with no reason and no separation notice for her to claim unemployment. Today a person who gave notice yesterday was told today was her last day. I feel their practices are hostile and abusive to people who are trying hard to do their jobs.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. I am very sorry to hear about the abusive treatment you experienced at this job. What exactly is your goal here? Are you wanting to file a lawsuit against your employer? Are you trying to get approved for unemployment benefits? Also, when you say that you were "bullied," did the treatment relate to a legally protected trait, such as your race, religion, gender or a disability? If so, how specifically? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.