Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was recently off and the same day they announced my

Customer Question

I was recently laid off and the same day they announced my replacement with the same title. I was told my position was eliminated. I was given a fairly generous severance package and wonder if I should seek counsel.
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: I am a female and over 50.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what state this is in? Do you have any evidence that you were targeted because of your age or gender?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I live in Illinois. I do not have any evidence but I am not certain what that would even look like.
Basically it's any evidence that would indicate that they're only targeting you based on your age. That is, if your replacement was significantly younger but getting paid the same...
Are you still there?
Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?
My apologies, but I must assist others that are waiting for answers to their questions. When you respond, I will attempt to answer as soon as I can.
I see that you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?
Hello?
I suppose because you have not responded in some time, you do not wish to continue with this question, correct?