Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I am currently on long term disability. Going from short term

Customer Question

I am currently on long term disability. Going from short term to long for the last 6 months. I received a call today terminating my position effective in two months. I had major surgery, more specifically back surgery, the last week in February of this year. What are my options. I work in the private sector,banking.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 5 months ago.
Hello Patricia ---I am sorry to hear this. I am also sorry for the delay in responding to your question but as the evening wears on there are only a few attorneys online at any given time overnight (sometimes I am all alone). Can I ask a few questions ? -1. Are you a member of a union ? -2. Do you have a written contract with your employer setting out the terms of your employment and under what conditions they can terminate your position ? Such contracts are used for upper level employees in some industries and since you mentioned that you were in banking, I thought that I would ask to see if you have an employment contract. -MARY