Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

What are the consequences of not paying medical staff organization

Customer Question

What are the consequences of not paying medical staff organization dues in the context of new Wi law act 10, while at the same time this organization claims it's not "a union" but at the same time we are forced to pay dues?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In addition this organization is tying up my credentialing in the facility with paying the dues, totally unrelated to my medical expertise! They tell me my clinical work is excellent but they will not credential me if I do not pay the dues?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Professional organizations, medical or legal, are not unions, they are a professional organization that can be required in order to issue credentials. For example, lawyers cannot get credentials unless the belong to a bar association, which is a professional organization, not a union. Same with medical professionals, they can be required to belong to the professional organization to get their credentials issued, which does not violate any anti-union laws.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but this organization is within a hospital, nothing like AMA or APA?
Thank you for your reply and clarification.
What is the organization? Please explain in a bit more detail.