Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

Does 5 panel felony probation test in san antonio tx test

Customer Question

does 5 panel felony probation test in san antonio tx test for alcohol
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The 5 panel drug test tests for marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, heroin/morphine/codene and PCP. Alcohol is a separate test if ordered.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's official for felony probation in san antonio....DEF NO ALCOHOL...i swear i thought it had benzodiazapenes on it...but the alcohol is the only important thing that i MUST know..i would call the place but i dont want caller ID to show up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i read a proposal on May 15th document that went to the city and requested: alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, creatinine, and opiates... i imagine creatinine bc people who flush their system will take creatine so it doesn't look flushed but anyways i think you are correct...as long as right now no alcohol but i seriously can almost say i remember for sure seeing benzodiazepines when they originally gave me the sheet
Thank you for your reply.
As I said, if it is a 5 panel test, that is what the 5 panel test for in any DOT certified lab, which is what is used by the courts. Now a court may modify the test by court order, but if all it says is 5 panel, then those are what a standard 5 panel tests for. Alcohol is not on the 5 panel, it is a separate test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so whether benzodiazapenes would take the place of PCP is irrelevant...as long as no alcohol...i know DUI and DWI people are tested with random breathalyzers they must have and things like that and I read that way...but several things on the internet are people on probation talking about if they use the EGT test (80 hour test) so some must have alcohol but if your saying no alcohol then i am inclined to agree from what it seems
Thank you for your reply
Yes, some tests do test for alcohol, but not the standard 5 panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what about this: http://requestatest.com/5-panel-urine-drug-test-and-alcohol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
?
Thank you for your reply.
That is not a "Standard" 5 panel, it is a 5 panel that specifically includes alcohol. This is why I said above, unless the panel is modified by the court or probation, the standard 5 panel does not include alcohol.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yea, and i guess if it does then they only sometimes will pay the extra cost to test for it up to 3-4 days (EGT test) and the probability of that is probably pretty low right since they charge 10 bucks a test
Thank you for your reply.
That is correct, if they are not paying for the additional testing the lab will not do it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry to ask so much but there is a site called avvo.com that says they do use egt test so it must be random
Thank you for your reply.
The EGT is not the standard 5 panel. So if they order the EGT that is separate from the 5 panel test.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.