Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

Can my employer force me to work on Sunday? Causing me to miss

Customer Question

Can my employer force me to work on Sunday? Causing me to miss church
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best.
Customer: I am very active in my church and every other Sunday I am scheduled to work even though I requested it off.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Employer is AutoZone, home office is in Memphis, Tennessee
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: I work in a dept of ten people. Three are part time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 5 months ago.
Your employer is required to make religious accommodations for you so that can be an alterred schedule or allow you to come in after church. They are allowed to set scheduels as they see fit but if you ask for a religious accommodation they must comply.
Let me know if you have any more questions otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.