Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I went into to work today and was lock out of all my internet

Customer Question

I went into to work today and was lock out of all my internet logins due to no longer employed! Surprise to me no one talk to me about this!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 10 months ago.
Can I help you with anything? I'd be happy to but I don't see a question posted...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I went into work today and I was locked out of internet.When I logged in the message said I was no longer employed! No one talk to me about this.
Hello there. I do see that you've written those three sentences... I just don't see a question in there. I'd be happy to help you if you ask a question. Please note, this is not an answer – this is a request for information. Please do not submit a rating until after you have an answer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was let go from my place of employment with out being told or a written notice. Can I sue them?Thank you,
Julie
Hi Julie. Thanks for your question. Did someone come up to you in the morning? Anything? At what point were you actually informed that your were no longer going to be working there?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was not informed. When I logged in to Encompass, I was locked out. Then I logged in to credit plus and it said I had been locked out because I was no longer an employee. I talked to my manager and he sent a message to the owner of the company to confirm I was no longer employed. It was confirmed.
So your manager didn't know you were let go? Did they give you a reason? I'm trying to determine if you have a basis to sue… Right now, it just sounds like they were incredibly unprofessional with the way they handled things – but not illegal. That's why I'm trying to get more information from you – to see if there was maybe something illegal done.