Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am accused of stealing 30 percocets apparently as I was off

Customer Question

I am accused of stealing 30 percocets apparently as I was off for one week for a death in the family and the day I was to come back they call 2 hours before my time to be there and tell me the drugs I received and signed for to the pharmacy driver were short by 30 see they come drop stuff off and then we sign this hand held computer but they never stay long enough to check all they are dropping off. That is what happened in the bags is a print out of what they send it said 60 at top of page with a hand written slash through it then 30 written in. This pharmacy in general had been making a lot of errors my
Coworkers will tell you that anyhow I mentioned it to my co worker as I always signed them papers when I look at what was sent and she said well you should be ok so not ever seeing this particular resident with more than one cassette at a time and the fact that my mother in law of 30 plus years was actively dying and I was cutting corners all week to bust my butt and leave on time which I never do but anyhow I just assumed they sent the 30 cuz maybe the insurance wouldn't pay or they plain made an error and I didn't call them as I hate calling after hours except for emergencies. Ok so they call me on a Friday tell me my shifts been covered and since I told him only 30 came he said well your off the weekend I will call you on Monday which was on other day I was to be there. So I don't sleep all weekend and wake up from a nap at 730 am waiting got a call they finally call at 1149 when I answer no reply and they hang up I did not go to work thinking they have to call back they never did I am afraid the cops are coming any min of the day for me and I don't know how to defend myself what do I do? And what Should I expect??
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?Thank you.