Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

I live in Pennsylvania, my employers past 18months

Customer Question

I live in Pennsylvania, my employers for the past 18months are in North Carolina & New York State. Where do I file for unemployment?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I worked in both PA & NY for these employers, & paid taxes to both states.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. ANSWER:You must file your claim for unemployment benefits with the state where you worked if that is different from where you live or lived. Your claim will be subject to that state’s rules and limits. This is known as an interstate claim and you don’t have to travel back to your state of employment to file the claim. You should be able to file for NY, NC and PA at the nearest unemployment office in PA.