Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I am a freelancer from india working on an android app for

Customer Question

I am a freelancer from india working on an android app for really large company in communication market . however they are paying very low and very late .i have done best work even their team of 10 programmers unable to do.Should i request some stake in app . is it possible if yes how to proceed .if tomorrow their app makes it big or acquired by some big company should i receive something as no employment contract was signed and i have been working for them since years .
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can ask for a stake in the app, if you believe it would be successful. You need to negotiate this with them in writing and as a freelancer, you should have some contract agreement in writing with them, as they should be paying you on time at the very least. However, as a freelance employee, if you push them too hard for more money, they can simply terminate you and you have no recourse against them, so this is something you have to carefully negotiate with the company.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is one thing that other person he got my signature on document but did not give it back with signed from the main person i am working on this project for .However they are all from the same team. I requested it many times but he did not give it back.what should i do.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not pushing them hard for more money,we had a fixed amount of money to be paid during development of app . and it was to be paid in parts . but they pay very late and often tell me that large companies take time to pay .
Thank you for your reply.
If you signed a contract agreeing to this, then they do not have to change the contract and can pay in accordance to that contract. However, if they are not paying on time, you can sue for breach of contact. Large companies generally pay in 30 days, not longer than 60 after the work is done, so someone there is lying to you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yeah the middle person does not take interest and replies very late also the main person does not reply even i do great work . yet pay very late only after i send many messages ,what options do i have .
Thank you for your reply.
You need to contact them by writing them and informing them they are breaching the contract by not paying on time. If they continue to not pay on time, your recourse is you would have to sue them for breach of contract I am afraid.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
would i have to travel to america to sue them .
Thank you for your reply.
You would have to sue them in the US and you can have an attorney represent you and not travel to the US.